My dearest friend Bethany came to visit before she had to fly back to America.
It was the most wonderful Friday in the history of ever.
It was very hard getting up after only 3 hours of sleep, but it was so worth it.
3. First time a Chinese taxi driver has ever good naturedly/sarcastically joked with me/us in Chinese.
He told Bethany 别回来。中国不要你。(Don't come back. China doesn't want you) as we were exiting the taxi at the subway station. This was after we had told him how she was going back to America today, but really hoped to come back to China. (It was quite obviously a joke. Don't worry. Everyone was smiling and laughing. :) )
4. First time riding the subway in Tianjin.
| Subway Selfie |
5. First time sending someone off at the Tianjin West Train Station
6. First time riding the Tianjin subway by myself!
| And first time EVER seeing a metro station in China with this few people |
7. First time eating 煎饼果子 (jian1 bing guo3 zi), a thin pancake with egg, green onions, cilantro, spices, and a guo3 zi (a fried dough twisty thing). It's a Tianjin breakfast specialty. And it's delicious.
| A tiny piece of the guo3 zi |
| What was left of my jian1 bing by the time I got home |
8. First time problem solving my way into having 2 yuan to take the bus.
I proudly bought my jian1 bing with exact change. Which meant my smallest bill was a 5. Oops.
So I wandered until I found a small market that sold my favorite cold drink.
| Bing1 hong2 cha2: Iced tea = 3 yuan |
9. First time finding and taking the bus in Tianjin by myself! Huge thanks to the PandaBus app.
And only my second time taking a bus in Tianjin.
So I now know of 2 different bus lines that go back to my apartment complex:
857 and 703
10. First time having a lengthy conversation with a Chinese gentleman after getting off a bus at the same stop.
He taught me how to say his teaching subject: Economic Management 经济管理 (jing1ji4 guan1li3).
I taught him about Claude Debussy.
Otherwise we both completely understood each other.
It was all in Chinese.
It was awesome.
11. First time taking a nap at 10am because tonight will be my...
12. First time going to an all company dinner/gathering!
I hope your weekend is full of joyful adventures too!
No comments:
Post a Comment